Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
photos uploaded

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 April 2013, 12:54

Hie

i used now mahara 1.7.0.

I have created a group and i have uploaded a photo to the group to use it in a view.

When i want to use the photo in a view, the photo apear not in the sense that i take and uploaded to the mahara system.

What can i do to put the photo in the true sense?

in advance thanks you from your helps

Alain Hermosilla Ringger

Chile

Account deleted

27 April 2013, 19:21

Hello Alain,

I read you two posts and went on your page to see your problem. For me, as long as I imagine, I think you should check your image in an editor on your PC / Mac. I presume those are saved the way they are displayed on Mahara.

With a few Photo Editor softwares, when you rotate an image, the image is not "realy" rotated but an information is saved withing the image to tell the software it has to it when it displays the image on screen.

I don't' think that Mahara is faulty here, I personally never had this problem with Mahara. I am also using 1.7.

Please check and come back here to tell us how is it going, so someone could help you further if needed.

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

28 April 2013, 5:36

Hello Dominique-Alain:

Thank for your answer.

Well, i edit the original photo that i upload to my mahara site inn a picture editor from my mac mini. The photo in my editor look in the well position and sense. I look that the original photo in my editor have 2592 x 1936 pixels and the weight is aprox 2,5 MB. after i uploaded this photo to my mahara system, the size is 1024 x 756 px and the the sense is invested in 90º. I concluded that mahara system transform my photo when i uploaded?

In a second view, i reduce the size of the photo and i uploaded to my mahara system. Now when i used this photo in a view i can see in the well position.

Can you help why occurs this acts describre up?

in advance thanks

Alain Hermosilla Ringger

Chile

PD: you can view the same url

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 April 2013, 15:21

Hello Alain,

You probably have the option "Resize images" (see http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/administration/extensions.html#artefact-type-file ) activated. It's a site setting and a user setting which you can see when you upload your photos. That would explain the smaller size. However, it does not explain that your photos are rotated incorrectly. The resizing option doesn't do that and there is no process in Mahara that would rotate photos.

I can see the photos under the link you provided in the correct direction in the thumbnails. The Mac may not always rotate your photos properly, but as dajan said, only show them to you rotated. Please export your photos from your Mac software and check the results before uploading to Mahara.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 April 2013, 13:43

Hello Kristina:

Thank you very much about your answer. Its true, i have activated the option resize photos and with your directions i learned how mahara work in this theme.

About the photos that mahara rotated after i uploaded to my mahara system, the problem is solved after an edition in a mac photo editor. Perhaps the original photo is not save in the correct sense and in a mac machine not always this learned by the mac users.

Also i used my portafolioup app and i uploaded photos directly from my iphone to my mahara system. All work well and no photo rotated.

Best regards from the south of latin america.

Alain Hermosilla Ringger

Chile

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 April 2013, 9:00

Hello Alain,

Great that you could find the fix in your Mac software. :-)

All thebest using Mahara. Do you use it at a school or university?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

02 May 2013, 4:23

hello Kristina:

Thanks for your colaboration.

I am a private consultant in agronomist theme. I work with many little entrepreneur and i used mahara to teach it some theme about agronomist knowledge.

Best regards

Alain Hermosilla Ringger

Chile

30 April 2013, 20:12

Hi Alain,

I presume you were using iPhoto. Regarding the format you use (e.g. Raw) iPhoto doesn't change the source but add information somewehre else (e.g. rotation, scale, editing,...) so when you export you image you may export the original not the edited.

Very happy you found the origin of your problem.

Happy mahara...ing

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

02 May 2013, 4:15

Thanks Dajan!

Its true i used iphoto and aperture (the best) mac software. 

Alain Hermosilla Ringger

Chile

11 results