Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara 1.7 is released
19 April 2013, 5:45 PM
Hello Mahara users,
After 6 months of development and bug fixing, we are proud to announce the final release of Mahara 1.7:
While this release has focused on bug fixing, it also includes the following new features:
- Add license metadata to individual artefacts
- Log masquerading sessions of an administrator and send notifications about them
- Filter by login date in the administrator user search
- Search only for groups you can join
- Retractable blocks
- Configuration setting for the registration expiry time
Other notable changes and bug fixes include:
- Relocation of the "Shared pages" to the portfolio section and renaming that option to "Shared with me"
- Renaming of "Share" in the personal portfolio to "Shared by me"
- Display up to 10 collections per page
- Display up to 100 members on the group homepage
See the full list of bug fixes here:
How to install / upgrade
You can find instructions on how to install a new Mahara site or upgrade an existing one on our wiki:
If you are looking for translations, have a look at this page:
Both Mahara 1.5 and 1.6 are still supported for security updates. The support for Mahara 1.5 will end with the release of 1.8 (targeted for October 2013), and the support for Mahara 1.6 will end with Mahara 1.9 (targeted for April 2014).
For more information, please see https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/SupportedVersions
If you are running a Mahara site lower than 1.5, we highly recommend you upgrade to 1.7 to receive security updates. Users of Mahara 1.5 and 1.6 can stay on their versions until that support runs out.
All site administrators running a supported version of Mahara are encouraged to subscribe to our security announcements:
Support and bugs
If you find any bugs in this new release, please feel free to use our bug tracker to report them:
And if you need help with anything, the support forum is the best place to ask your questions:
The user manual has been updated to reflect the changes that we have made for Mahara 1.7. New features are listed under the "New in Mahara 1.7" index entry.
We would like to thank the following organisations for funding the features and bug fixes that have gone into Mahara 1.7 (in alphabetical order):
Mahara Partner fees also contributed to enhancements and infrastructural support.
We would also like to highlight all the people who have contributed code to this release.
And the organisations they work for:
|Catalyst Open Source Academy||20||(9.3%)|
The most complete translations at the time of writing:
- Catalan (Contributors: Albert Gasset, David Planella, Joan Queralt Gil, Puri Andrés)
- Dutch (Contributors: Bas Brands, Koen Roggemans, Marinka van der Kolk, Snicksie, Volker Schmidt)
- French (Contributors: Dominique-Alain Jan, Hélène V., Pascale Hyboud-Peron, Paula Caterino)
- German (Contributors: Christian Kleinhanss, Daniel Winzen, Dennis Baudys, Ernst Artner, Heinz Krettek, Kristina Höppner, Marcel Debray, Michael, Nico Verse, Ralf Hilgenstock, Uwe Böttcher)
- Greek (Contributors: Hasiotis Nikos, Ioannis Katsenos, Kostas Milonas, Yannis Kaskamanidis)
- Japanese (Contributor: Mitsuhiro Yoshida)
- Portuguese (Contributors: David Pereira, Emanuel Garcês, Jose' Lencastre)
- Slovenian (Contributor: Gregor Anželj)
For a full list of translations and contributors, please see
And finally, thanks also go to the security researchers who help make Mahara secure.
The 1.7 Release Managers