Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embed Content from Adobe Connect?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 April 2013, 22:03

Is it possible to embed content from Adobe Connect - like recordings, presentations?

For instance this presentation?

http://card.adobeconnect.com/ccwc_en_intro/

I have tried but it seems the filter is missing? If so, is there such a filter?

Cheers, Jonas

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 April 2013, 12:14

Hello Jonas,

As far as I know, Adobe Conenct doesn't have an iframe. Thus, you would need to write a filter that allows you to grab just the URL and display the content in an iFrame.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

04 April 2013, 19:02

Would there be anyone who has written such a filter yet? Or anyone who is planning?

Cheers, Jonas

04 April 2013, 20:25

Dear Jonas,

I don't see the point of embedding Adobe Connect in Mahara. In Moodle yes. But why in Mahara.

Mahara is the place where you build your portfolios on your skills, knowledge, ... and reflect on them.

In you opinion, how do you see Adobe Connect in relation with Mahara? I am really interested to hear (read) you mind on this.

About the filter, I think you will have to develop a filter for HTML Purifier which is the code that "purifies" the HTML code before it is displayed by Mahara. You can find some documentation on this on www.htmpurifier.org.

Interested to read from you soon,

-dajan

Account deleted

04 April 2013, 21:02

Hi dajan,

Yes I see your point! What I am thinking of are recordings of meetings (for groups) and also presentations made in Adobe Presenter (portfolio) and published to an Adobe Connect server. Does that make sense? / Jonas

Account deleted

06 April 2013, 11:35

Hi Jonas,

Ah right. So you can get an iFrame code. :-) It makes sense to me that you want to embed a recording of a presentation or meeting into your portfolio because that way you can show off your skills or also reflect on how a webinar / meeting went.

So if you wanted to embed the meeting recording from the Connect Users site, you would need to:

1. Add seminars.adobeconnect.com to your allowed iFrame list.

2. Use the iFrame code and paste that into a text box for example

<iframe src="https://seminars.adobeconnect.com/_a227210/p29722563/?launcher=false&amp;fcsContent=true&amp;pbMode=normal" width="700" height="600" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

Please note that it is the long URL. I couldn't get it to work with just the link that was provided underneath the Adobe Connect recroding, but it needed to be resolved completely. You can then also change the width and height of the video in the iFrame code directly.

You must put any base URL from any Adobe Connect provider into the allowed iFrame list. But if you do not want the same icon for each one, just give them all the display name "Adobe Connect".

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

06 April 2013, 20:00

Thanks Kristina!

We use Mahara 1.5.1. I see the embedd recording in the page when in Edit mode of the Text block, but not when I click ok, then it disappears. Does this happen for you also? Is there a configuration to do?

Cheers,

Jonas

Account deleted

06 April 2013, 23:19

Ah, of course, I see now that we need 1.6. Thanks Kristina for pointing this feature out to me.

Jonas Smile

07 April 2013, 17:25

Hi Jonas,

You can use Mahara 1.5, but will have to put the allowed iframe source into the code directly as described in http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5/site_admin/extensions.html#index-12

The feature was added in 1.5, but only since 1.6 do we have a nice admin interface thanks to the Teaching and Learning Centre of the University of Canberra.

Cheers

Kristina

13 results