Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Google Apps in Mahara v1.6.2

Gideon Williams's profile picture

02 April 2013, 22:49

I created a Mahara page to demonstrate to a colleague what can and cannot be added through Google Docs.

We are using Mahara v 1.6.2 and frankly the results are pretty disappointing (unless I have done this very wrong - I did set all the links to View Public on the Web?)

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had better success than I?

Feel free to add Feedback on page - http://mahara.perins.net/view/view.php?t=84gSI0OdloshPqRbBGrk

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 April 2013, 12:29

Hello Gideon,

A fix will go into 1.6 and 1.5 with the next minor point update. The fix for Google presentations is already in review.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1141446

You can always also add Google code to the list of allowed iFrames and can thus be independent of the Google apps block. We had planned to deprecate that in the future anyway because the "Allowed iFrame sources" made it largely redundant.

Cheers

Kristina

04 April 2013, 21:19

Thanks Kristina and thanks for the follow.

I can embed Google Forms fine using code in a text box as I added this to the list of allowed iFrames and teh embed code for Forms includes an iframe.

I have not been able to find similar for the other features eg

• Docs
  • Spreadsheets
  • Presentations

I would be grateful if you or any other posters might be able to put me right/give advice/tell me what code I should use.

Regards

Gideon

PS I totally forgot despite reminders about the newsletter - rubbish - sorry. I will write one for the next one.

06 April 2013, 11:19

Hello Gideon,

No worries re the newsletter. Look forward to your article for the July one.

As for finding the embed code:

for Google Docs: File -> Publish to the web -> Start publishing -> Embed code is listed right under the document link further down in the box.

for Google Spreadsheet: File -> Publish to the web -> Start publishing -> under "Get a link to the published data" choose "HTML to embed in a page".

for Google Presentations: see Google Docs

Hope that helps

Cheers

Kristina

P.S. Great videos on OpenBadges in Moodle.

07 April 2013, 4:45

Thank you for putting me right. I have now updated the page.

The presentation is now showing via the iframe link as is the spreadsheet.

Bizarrely, the spreadsheet link that was not working with the GoogleApps block has magically appeared but only once I added in the link to the spreadsheet via iframes.

The exact same was true of the Google Doc but also very strangely, the GoogleApps block shows the document perfectly but the iframe link does not?

....!

07 April 2013, 17:26

Hello Gideon,

Mhh. What's the iframe you used for the GoogleDoc? Can you please check if it is already in your Allowed iframe source list?

Cheers

Kristina

07 April 2013, 22:48

OK. Had a couple of iframe sources docs.google.com/spreadsheet and docs.google.com/forms in there.

Replaced them both with docs.google.com/ and seems to be back on track!

http://mahara.perins.net/view/view.php?t=84gSI0OdloshPqRbBGrk

Many thanks

A post by Account deleted was deleted

8 results