Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Installation Failure Notice

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 March 2013, 19:33

Hello All,

I have done my first Mahara installation, I am using a shared hosting. In middle of installation I got this error. pls pls help me. how can I fix this??

error

Now I have a page with no Login field.. no links are working too.. :-(.. what to do ??

admin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 March 2013, 21:02

Hello Jeevan,

Shared hosting can be a problem, but some people have been successful in talking to their hosting provider getting things fixed.

The first thing you should see to get fixed is the first warning in the administration screen about magic quotes.

I don't know if you'll have access to your php.ini file to fix the second warning. The third one needs to be fixed in your Mahara config file, see also http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.6/administration/overview.html#warnings for how to write the config variable into your config file.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

19 March 2013, 22:21

@Kristina

thank you for responding. I will talk to my hosting provider. But can you tell me why this message occure. Is it also with hosting issue ??

message stopped installation below.

blocktype.file/filedownload  failed to upgrade

Account deleted

19 March 2013, 23:05

Happy News..

I have passed that step.. I just re-installed the whole setup, and it worked..

19 March 2013, 23:12

Happy for you.

But I would be a bit concerned. Normally the installation makes no problem. If a problem on a new installation occurs it is most of the time linked with a bad right to write into a directory, and this is often the case on share hosting.

My advise is then to be very careful to test everything after your installation.

I am also worried that you want to provide a complete Mahara-Moodle solution for a professional use. In that case you have to intensively test the two platforms and the SSO XML-RPC links to be certain that your provider won't become an issue.

By the way, I am note entirely sure that putting your ask for help in this "Developers" forum is the right place. I would recommend you post such information into the "Support" forum.

Regards,

-dajan

5 results