Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
profile pictures publicly visible

Mary Cooch's profile picture

15 March 2013, 11:03

Hello there. I hope there is a quick answer to this. I just discovered our student's profile pictures are visible with their names if they have a public page (the page is ok) and you click on their name. Is there any way I can prevent their photo appearing or do I have to get them all to upload a random cartoon avatar instead? 1.6

15 March 2013, 12:06

yes -and I know I posted in the wrong forum but I was in such a hurry to find a solution; sorrySmile

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 March 2013, 8:31

Hi Mary,

No worries about the forum. :-)

As for profile pictures showing up do you mean when someone clicks on the name and is directed to the profile page? Unfortunately, currently the display of at least the name and the profile picture publicly is tied to public pages. You can have public pages AND public profiles but not public pages but no public profiles. Even when you restrict the profile to logged-in users only, the name, institution and profile picture is displayed.

Do you want to file a wishlist item to change that?

Cheers

Kristina

18 March 2013, 20:51

Hi Kristina and thanks for the information. Yes I do want to file a wishlist item because I only realised this recently when we allowed students to make pages public and this is a very delicate area for us. In the meantime I will get them to use different avatars that are not their school photo. Thanks

18 March 2013, 23:02

Hello Mary,

You can file a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

If you do it on your own, you'll be subscribed to it automatically and can keep track of it. Once you have the URL for the item, can you please post it here? That way it's easier to keep the two things together.

Cheers

Kristina

22 March 2013, 16:48

Hello Mary,

I filed a bug and we gave it a high priority because you could not see thep rofile in the past.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1158625

Cheers

Kristina

6 results