Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Website Error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 March 2013, 6:10

I need your help I just downlaoded mahara-1.6.3.tar,uploaded it and extracted it, I also created a config.php file but when I try to install it,on my site appears this message: 

Mahara will not run on PHP < 5.3.0. Please upgrade your PHP version or move Mahara to a different host.

What's the problem??

Aaron Wells's profile picture

13 March 2013, 11:01

Hi Konstantina,

What version of PHP do you have on your web server? As the message says, Mahara requires you to have PHP version 5.3.0 or later. Laughing

Cheers,
Aaron

Account deleted

10 October 2013, 0:39

Hi.

My host PHP Version is 5.3.21 but I get the same error in installing Mahara 1.7.3!! How can fix that?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

10 October 2013, 11:49

Hi Armin,

That is interesting. Can you please try running this code snippet on your server and see what the results are?

<pre><?php
var_dump(phpversion());
echo "\n\n";
var_dump(version_compare(phpversion(), '5.3.0'));
?>

That's basically what Mahara uses (in the function ensure_sanity() in htdocs/lib/mahara.php) to check that you've got a sufficient version of PHP. The phpversion() function is a PHP built-in that tells you what version of PHP you've got, and the version_compare() function is another PHP built-in that tells you whether one version is earlier, later, or the same as another. If you're running a version of PHP later than 5.3.0, then it should return "1".

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

15 October 2013, 16:54

Thanks Aeron,
I contacted to server administrator and they enabled php 5.3 for subdomains and it solved because I've installed mahara on a subdomain.

New problem is with JavaScript error! It says "you have enable javascript...". I tried different browser and all have java enabled but I couldn't fix this issue.

Regards,
Armin
5 results