Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle / Mahara SSO in - Please help

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 February 2013, 4:55

Hi, I am having a nightmare getting Moodle and Mahara to work together.

I an using Moodle 1.9 and many different versions of Mahara (158,162,163). Can anyone help here?

I have downloaded and installed both moodle and mahara and both work fine independently. I want my moodle session to log me into mahara using open ssl and sso in.

I have done a few mods along the way:

- Updated my php config file to handle openssl

- updated my mahara config file to see the openssl.cfn file in apachie

I then had the problem that moodle was not creating a private key, so had to add a few lines of code in the Mnet/lib file to create a new private key.

This all worked well and I was able to find to moodle with mahara using XML RPC. I made links from moodle using the network block, but now when I click on them the page is not found~???

Please Please help me out, this is driving me mad!!

Account deleted

26 February 2013, 11:04

Hi Jon,

Is this a new moodle? If so, is there a particular reason you've chosen version 1.9?

Thanks,
Melissa.

Account deleted

27 February 2013, 3:14

Hi,

We are still on 1.9 and are not stepping up to 2 until the summer. I want to get a local versioni of the moodle mahara handshake goingl before putting it on the server.

I have tried everything and just get stuck with a hanging screen when I try to make the leap between the two.

Any ideas?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 March 2013, 10:49

Hi Jon,

Can you please check your error log if there are any messages in there? They might give more information what could be going on. There are a number of things that could be causing it and thus narrowing it down would help.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

04 March 2013, 11:02

Hi, and thanks for you help here. 

Managed to get it running on Friday. I'm not sure what the issue was, but previouly tried to get it working on a local server (XAMPP). I put it on the live server and it all started to work without a problem.

Do you know why it would not work on a local?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 March 2013, 23:24

Hello Jon,

I'm sorry, but I don't know why it wouldn't work on XAMPP. I could only imagine that the local installs and public keys behave differently from a live server.

Great that it works on the live one.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results