Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Google apps in mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 February 2013, 12:40

I'm trying to setup Google apps on mahara, 

I cannot find configuration link for Google apps in plugin administration page (only hide link).

I haven’t sat up the SAML, and I couldn’t find helpful, step by step instruction on mahara manual document.

We have done SSO from Moodle to mahara and SSO from Moodle to Google apps, now I need to setup Google app SSO in mahara,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 February 2013, 14:36

Hello Siamak,

What SSO provider do you use for SSO from Moodle to Google apps? Or differently put: How do you do that?

Currently, the only built-in SSO protocol besides MNet is SAML. There is the possibility to use SAML for your SSO needs to connect Moodle, Mahara and GoogleApps. This is done  by schools in New Zealand via the identity and access management.

If you want to use GoogleApps documents from within Mahara, you do not need to set up a SSO connection to Google. Everything in the Google Apps block works without a SSO setup. That's why there was no reference to it in the manual in the block description. No matter whether you have SSO to Google set up or not, you would still need to follow the instructions in order to embed Google documents.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 February 2013, 15:56

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your replay, I have added the block to the page (tried Google doc and presentation) but non of them worked, without any error.

I have tried document link and embed code, non of them works.

Cheers

Siamak

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 March 2013, 18:42

Hello Siamak,

I can embed a text document and spreadsheet without problems on demo.mahara.org, but the presentation doesn't work. I filed a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1141446

Please add more details there that would help us reproduce your scenario, e.g. the URL and embed code that didn't work for you.

You could also try to embed your text document in demo.mahara.org and see if it works there.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results