Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Export group pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 January 2013, 5:23

I've been looking around for a group page export feature. I can't find this option in our current live system (Mahara 1.5.2) or in any of release notes for later versions of Mahara. 

Basically a student needs to be able to export some of their pages which they created within a group.

If I go to:

Portfolio -> Export and select -> Leap2a -> Just some of my pages

I see a list of my personal pages, but not ones I've created in a group.

Does any-one know if this feature is on the horizon?

Cheers, Mike

Account deleted

18 February 2013, 14:57

Hi Mike,

At present, Mahara does not have export functionality for group content.

The student ought to be able to set the desired pages to be copyable, make copies of the pages into their own portfolio, and then these copies should appear available for exports.

I'm not aware of any plans or funding for exporting group content in the future, but the aformentioned workaround should be helpful in the present.

Hope this helps,
Melissa.

Account deleted

21 March 2015, 2:23

Hi all,

Just to add that we're also finding we need group export. The reason is that we are trying to encourage groups to open their work with a Creative Commons licence. To feel happy doing this, they are likely to want to make changes after they have been assessed - without leaving it too long.

At the same time, the institution needs to keep a snapshot of a groupspace as it was at the deadline so that it is available for external examiners and exam boards which often take place months after the deadline.

Melissa, the workaround you mention is possible, but my hunch is that the task of reproducing a site in a personal portfolio is pretty convoluted and it would be received by students as quite a big ask, and pretty burdensome considering that we are also trying to wheedle them into creative commons licensing, publishing, and uploading metadata to Jorum. Wondering about requiring them to print pages to PDF.

:)

Thanks,

Mira (UCL, London)

Account deleted

28 March 2015, 2:56

Update: PDFs for the external examiners have been ruled out :(

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 March 2015, 12:12

Hello Mira,

We already have a wishlist item for this on our tracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/732971 It hasn't been tackled yet.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results