Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Login diable

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 January 2013, 18:51

Hi,

I would like to disable account creation on the front page of Mahara 1.6 or change the Register and Forgot Password to point to the login server.

I am setting up a community site and all accounts will be on Moodle, learners then SSO to Mahara. This is prior to setting up a federation using Shibboleth.

Can anyone suggest how I can do this?

John

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2013, 14:31

Hi John,

Assuming the site will be locked to one theme only, you can simply make a new theme with just the register, forgotpass and login templates (or change these in your existing theme) to be directions to the moodle.

How you choose to extend this to all themes, if themes can be chosen by users, is up to you. At the present time, raw seems to be the only core mahara theme with these templates, so it might be managable to alter raw for this purpose. However, by doing this, you'll need to either re-do the change each time you upgrade(if you copy new files over the top of old files,) or deal with a fairly easy merge conflict (if you use git).

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks,
Melissa.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 March 2013, 11:59

Hello John,

If you just want to disable the register link, please deselect "Registration allowed" under "No institution". Then this link will not appear. If users try to log in via the login form with their Moodle credentials, you can redirect them to your Moodle site. See http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.6/administration/institutions.html#xml-rpc-mnet-authentication (item #7 in the screenshot).

Alternatively, you can change the template file and take out the login box entirely and replace it with a link to your Moodle site's login.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results