Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Mahara 1.6 advice needed for locking to edit a page

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 January 2013, 21:35

Hello, everyone

In my university, we'd like to try Mahara 1.6, and now, want to find a solution for a case.

We'd like to make a template for the students to do assignments and so on. Now, here comes the issue. Once, we make the temnplate, we don't want our students to change the format of the template. So, we'd like to attach something like non-editable attribute to the template, but we haven't been successful yet. Also, I can't find useful information on the user manual so far.

Could anyone advise me how to do this please?

Thank you!

18 January 2013, 22:49

Dear Key,

As long as I know, you can't lock blocks on the template. In a group/institution when you create a page the idea is that you provide a guide, with placeholders, the students can copy into their own portfolios and edit for their own purposes.

I understand that sometimes you would like to create specific and non editable blocks, but I think this is not possible yet.

I think I read that in the future Mahara would maybe provide a better way to produce templates and it would be a good opportunity for you to add your feature request to this project.

Regards,

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2013, 20:00

Hello Kei,

You cannot lock the blocks of a page with built-in tools of Mahara. However, you could achieve that with a customization. Pace University used to have restrictions applied to its templates that it provided to students, but I do not know if that also included the locking of blocks. You might want to get in touch with them and find out more, e.g. if they still have that code available and might be able to share it with you if it helps solve your case.

http://www.pace.edu/ctlt/eportfolio - Beth Klingner and Samantha Egan are good people for the first contact.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 January 2013, 17:56

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your information. I'll definetely contact Beth Klinger and Samantha Egan for the details.

Regards,

Kei

Account deleted

21 January 2013, 17:47

Hi Dajan,

Thank you for your informationm. I think I'll request Mahara to add that attribute in future.

Regards,

Kei

5 results