Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Add a new group_tab

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 January 2013, 1:41

Hello people,

Iam trying to add a new group_tab inside mahara for adding new functionality which only the tutor in a group with the type course should be able to access.

I recognized that the artefact plugin file has added a new group_tab "Files" so I also added this function inside my artefact plugin with the right variables etc. but the new tab is not showing up. When I add a second definition for a tab inside the file artefact plugin, a new tab will show up. So I think I have to define something else in my artefact plugin, but I can't find any sources on how to do that. Can somebody help? Thanks alot!

Here the Definition in the file artefact plugin:

public static function group_tabs($groupid) {
        return array(
            'files' => array(
                'path' => 'groups/files',
                'url' => 'artefact/file/groupfiles.php?group='.$groupid,
                'title' => get_string('Files', 'artefact.file'),
                'weight' => 80,
            ),
        );
}

I also wonder how to define the access of my new menue items /group tabs, because i want to integrate a new tab in the group, where the tutor can see additional informations, which should not be available by students.

Thanks alot for answers!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2013, 20:04

Hello Peggy,

You could take a look at how the participation report was implemented in Mahara 1.6.

http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.6/groups/inside_group.html#new-in-mahara-1-6-report

It is only available when you have the participation report setting ticked in the group settings. This is an admin-only tab, but maybe it gives you some insight on how to construct your code. I'm afraid that I can't help you beyond that as I'm not a programmer.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 January 2013, 2:47

thx a lot! i will try this and perhaps report my solution here :)

Account deleted

25 January 2013, 0:34

hello,

i looked into the suggested function, but i can't use this solution because i don't want to change the "core" files of mahara like the edit.php in groups. If someone has used the group_tab() function successfully i would be glad if he/she could share this here.  THX

4 results