Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahoodle public key error

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Andy Dalrymple's profile picture

26 March 2013, 0:25

Hi Wullie,

We had a similar issue. Turned out to be an SSL problem. I checked the config.php in Moodle and the path to ssl was corrupt.

$CFG->opensslcnf = 'C:\PHP\extras\openssl\openssl.conf';

Also checked the variable was present on the server:

Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Change Environment Variables, add a system variable called 'OPENSSL_CONF' with the path of C:\PHP\extras\openssl\openssl.conf   Save then restart the server.

Andy

11 April 2013, 23:00

Hello Wullie,

I know that building a SSO connection between Mahara and Moodle is not easy and sometimes a nightmare that finishes with the re-installation of both servers.

To everything that already have been said here, I wanted to add that if your two servers or have not the same clock time this could be an issue with SSO. We have experimented that at the University of Troyes last year. After having setup the timesync features on both servers (Moodle and Mahara) we were able to SSO again.

Regards,

-dajan

Wullie's profile picture

12 April 2013, 2:26

They connected fine before (I had the timestamp problem a couple of years ago when setting it up originally IIRC), but a connection seems to have been lost when I had to rebuild the Mahara database.

I've decided just to leave those who use it regularly to have manual logins until the summer, then when I strip out the users I'll drop the existing XMLRPC connection to Moodle (from the database too if I have to) and recreate it to see if that fixes it.

Doing it in the summer with no students possibly logging in, gives me a good time to have the debugging on to see what's going wrong too, if it's not working.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Things to bear in mind when trying to re-set it up ;)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 April 2013, 14:26

Hello Wullie,

All the best for the summer then! Looking into the error log when users can't log in definitely helps because even though the error message on the front end is not really telling you what's going on, the error message usually does give you a good hint. Besides the typical problems that dajan already mentioned, we found that sometimes institutions were already full and thus could not take any more students (that's fixed easily).

Cheers

Kristina

15 results