Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Rename Students to designers

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 December 2012, 8:22

Is it possible to use Mahara for an e-portfolio for designers versus students? What I mean is to be able to rename the db entries and coding to read designer instead of the words students, etc.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 December 2012, 20:48

Hello Jeremy,

Certainly you can do that. :-)

It will be best if you create your own language pack for that so as not to overwrite the standard one. Then you would only need to put the lang strings in there that you want to change.

Info on the lang packs is available at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Language_Packs

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

13 December 2012, 5:43

Sounds good. I will do that. I have to successfully get it installed first.

Account deleted

13 December 2012, 8:47

Well it looks like I won't be installing Mahara. Godaddy shared hosting doesn't support the ability to set:up users to create database triggers.

Such is life.

13 December 2012, 9:09

Hello Jeremy,

I'm afraid that not all hosting providers allow for that functionality, but some users have been successful with different providers.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

13 December 2012, 9:50

Well...I decided to install it on one of my servers at my office. I have in installed with no problems. I am configuring site settings at the moment. I am just wanting to test out Mahara since I have never used it before.

Thanks for your help.

Account deleted

13 December 2012, 10:02

One more thing...How do I change the site logo from Mahara to my own?

Dankeschon!

14 December 2012, 8:31

Hi Jeremy,

If you want to change the logo for the entire site, place it into the raw theme and it should be taken up by all other themes. Just replace the sitelogo files in theme/raw/static/images. Please note that there are a few files.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

14 December 2012, 11:15

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a place in the settings where you upload the image file you want to use. I will replace all of them with my own.

Thanks

16 December 2012, 20:02

Hi Jeremy,

There is no admin setting for uploading the site logo. Only if you work with a multi-tenanted Mahara site can the individual institutions upload their own logo in their institution settings. However, that does not work for "No institution", which is the default / entire site.

Cheers

Kristina

27 results