Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group Page Place Feedback Not Appearing

Ali Hastie's profile picture

06 December 2012, 9:32

Hi

Our students have made a Mahara page within a controlled group, which has public access and has also enabled for anyone to place feedback but the place feedback link does not appear. Only the Print link is available.

Using Mahara 1.6.1

Cheers

Ali

06 December 2012, 13:00

Homer Simpson moment...go to Site administration > Configure site > User settings and enable Anonymous comments...Embarassed

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 December 2012, 19:48

Hello Ali,

Great that you found the solution yourself and answered your own question.

Cheers

Kristina

11 December 2012, 0:55

Ha! Now I think I have found a bug concerning public feedback on a group page.

People have made comments on a public viewable Mahara page and have set their comments to 'Make public' using the tick box.

I (as an administrator) can see their coments but states' This comment is private' with no 'Make public' button on display within the comment area.

I have tested this myself as a non-logged in user and made a comment with the 'Make public' tick box enabled. I login and there is no 'Make public' button available to approve the comment.

The page has 'Allow comments' and 'Moderate comments' enabled within the 'Share' settings.

Cheers,

Ali

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 December 2012, 8:08

Hello Ali,

Thank you for this report. I tested it on demo.mahara.org and found the following:

1. When comment moderation is turned on, the comments of people who are not logged ("anonymous comments") cannot be made public. There is no "Make public" button.
  2. When a person is logged in and comment moderation is turned on, then their comments can be made public.
  3. That goes for regular portfolio pages as well.

So the bug would only be around anonymous comments and comment moderation.

I created a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1088609

Cheers

Kristina

11 December 2012, 10:50

Cheers Kristina, will keep an eye on a fix for this.

Regards,

Ali

A post by Account deleted was deleted

7 results