Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Changing Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 November 2012, 6:44

Hello,

I am new using Mahara 1.6.1 and I want to make a change on it. I would like to create a new tab, just like Dashboard, Groups, Content and Portofolio as you can see in a green box. I want to add a new one and i didn't find any information about which files I should edit. Does anyone any idea?

One more question, I installed Mahara 1.6.1 on my Ubuntu 12. I wanted to create a Blog but I have no idea how, because my Mahara site seems to be very different... It is supposed to be in the tab Portolio, but in mine the sub-options you have are: Pages, Collections, Share and Export. I tried to create a Blog, but the blogs that I saw videos and information about on Internet doesn't look as what i create. Did you change that in 1.6.1 version?

Thanks in advance

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 November 2012, 8:30

Hello Laura,

Welcome to Mahara. You might be looking at an old version of tutorials. "Blog" has been renamed to "Journal" in Mahara 1.4 and can be found under "Content". You find the user manual for Mahara 1.6 at http://manual.mahara.org

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 November 2012, 4:26

Hello again!

Thank you so much for your answer :) yesterday I was pretty lost.

I also want to make a change on Mahara. I would like to create a new tab in the main Menu which contains Dashboard, Groups, Content and Portofolio written in a green box. I want to add a new one  to create a new site where shows a list of  thesis offers of my University and I didn't find any information about which files I should edit.... Where can I find information about that? Does anyone have any idea?

Please any hint would be great!!

Thanks in advance again :)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 November 2012, 19:52

Hi Laura,

I hadn't responded to your menu question because I couldn't find the information I was looking for. I'm still not quite sure if I found the correct info (I'm not good a reading code), but I think the following might help you a bit further along:

Menu items seem to be defined by MENUITEM. You can do a search with

grep -r "MENUITEM" htdocs/

to find them in the codebase. They are scattered around due to the nature of things.

The menu itself is defined in htdocs/theme/raw/templates/header/navigation.tpl as far as I could tell. You shouldn't have to adapt that file, but only add your own code and define a menuitem or subitem.

I hope that helps you a bit further along.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results