Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Log files/reports

Wullie's profile picture

20 November 2012, 4:10

Hi,

In Moodle, every click that a user does is recorded and viewable within the logs/reports areas.

Is there any intention to look at including anything along those lines within Mahara?

A couple of times recently, I've had students tell me that their images have disappeared or something is different to how they last viewed it and it'd be nice if there was a historical tracking of what has happened (did they delete a folder and didn't want to own up to it etc..) so that we could track it?

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 November 2012, 8:24

Hello Wullie,

We haven't made a stab at such type of logging yet, but focused on statistics of how Mahara is used on an institution basis (and on the site level) in Mahara 1.6 thanks to funding from the NZ Ministry of Education.

All actions are recorded in your access log, but it can be quite difficult to go through that to find the things you are looking for and separating them from other actions. And some actions are not fully recorded or can be tracked.

One improvement that we might be able to look into for 1.7 is to record when an admin logs into an account.

There's room for improvement.

Cheers

Kristina

Wullie's profile picture

21 November 2012, 0:06

Thanks Kristina,

I'll do my needle in haystack searching of the access log Laughing

3 results