Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embed soundcloud in page but not in journal entry?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 November 2012, 21:53

It looks to me like I can use embed.ly to embed a soundcloud player into a page, but there is no way to embed one into a journal entry. Is this correct? Is there any workaround, or better soundcloud support on the horizon perhaps?

Thanks,

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 November 2012, 8:27

Hello,

You don't need the embed.ly plugin for Soundcloud if you have Mahara 1.5 or 1.6. You can put the iframe base code into the list of safe iframes and then embed Soundcloud anywhere in Mahara including the external media block.

http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.6/administration/extensions.html#new-in-mahara-1-6-allowed-iframe-sources

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 November 2012, 7:31

Thanks. As I'm just a humble lecturer using mahara rather than an admin, this sounds a bit above my head. However, I've passed it onto our people to see if they can make this happen. Thanks for the help.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 November 2012, 9:17

Hello,

Embed code, esp. iframes or Javascript, need to be handled carefully because they could easily contain malicious content. Therefore, each iframe code needs to be allowed explicitely. And that functionality is only available to a site admin (from Mahara 1.6) so this person can control what gets added. In Mahara 1.5 we did not have the admin interface we have in Mahara 1.6 (it was funded by the Teaching and Learning Centre at the University of Canberra). Therefore, an administrator with server access needs to put the iframe directly into the code. It's much easier from 1.6 on.

I hope your admins can sort this out for you.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results