Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
iframes and move to v1.6

Gideon Williams's profile picture

14 November 2012, 12:41

Kristina

You mention iframes for v1.5 in your post but refer to v1.6 user guide. Is it possible to add iframes in v1.5?

Do you have any advice on when we should move from v1.5 to v1.6?

Thanks

Gideon

Pete Potter's profile picture

14 November 2012, 23:17

Hi Gideon,

Is is possible to use 'some' iframe sources using the External content > External media block.

There's a little bit of trial and error with what it will accept, but it accepts more than the sites listed.

Thanks

Pete

16 November 2012, 13:31

Thanks Pete

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 November 2012, 12:12

Hello Gideon,

The Safeiframe feature for HTML purifier was introduced in Mahara 1.5. There you need to put in the list of iframes into a server file directly. Please see http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5/site_admin/extensions.html#new15-safeiframe-feature-of-html-purifier for more information. Mahara 1.6 has an admin interface for that so it's easier to curate that list. I believe you will have to add the iFrames in 1.6 again. Once you have added the iframe as a safe one, you can use it in the external media block, in text blocks and also journal entries.

Cheers

Kristina

16 November 2012, 13:32

Thanks Kristina. Had a look at teh manual for v1.6 and the admin interface looks much more manageable.

Do you recommend a move to v1.6 then? Will we be able to keep the Primary theme?

Thanks as always

16 November 2012, 13:34

Thought you might like this - work done by a Year9 (13-14) student at our school http://www.screenr.com/50N7

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 November 2012, 16:02

Hello Gideon,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and also the page. I added it to our Diigo bookmarks.

The primary school theme is definitely still part of Mahara 1.6, and I'd certainly recommend an upgrade. Then you can take advantage of all the cool features besides the admin interface. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

7 results