Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
stucked during mahara installation

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 November 2012, 23:07

Dear folks,

It`s been my very first time to install this cms on my desktop so i`ve downloaded and done all the required settings but still my installation has been stucked  since 3 hrs on the very 1st option that is core files and is not moving to other files...

I know that some of you might suggest me to modify my php.ini settings:-

max_execution_time = 30
to
max_execution_time = 120...

I`ve done that but still it ain`t worked and stucked @ that point

Can anyone help me please, still waitiing for my superman
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 November 2012, 16:59

Hello Joydeep,

Which installation instructions did you follow? Normally, Mahara is installed on a web server as it is an application that is made avaialble via the Internet to users. It is not a desktop application. However, if you wish to run it on your local computer for testing purposes or with the limitations of not sharing your portfolio with others, you can install it in a local server environment.

There is a neat set of instructions for installing it under Linux which have served me well: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Environment

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 November 2012, 17:50

Hello Kristina Hoeppner(Po), thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me that mahara supports for wamp version 2.2 bcoz yesterday when i`d installed mahara on wamp version 2.2 then it got stuck after that  i had tried to installed on my lappy having xampp version 1.7.3 then everyhting worked very well and it installed properly...

Thanks for the reply and have a nice day ahead..:)

Paul Raper's profile picture

12 November 2012, 0:53

Hi, I wanted to post a new thread, but clicked on the wrong button, so sorry for posting this in what may be the wrong place. In my installation I'm getting an error each time a member sends an e-mail, requests friendship etc. the following error appears: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128526 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/moodle4p.ch/httpdocs/mahara/lib/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php on line 1983. Can anyone help me by advising me as to what changes I need to make to erradicated this error? Many thanks. Paul

12 November 2012, 6:25

Hi Paul,

Wie got's im Amriswil?

I noticed you have succeded in installing your Mahara. Do you still need some help with your problem?

If so, your problem is maybe caused by the memory allocation for your virtual host by your ISP. I don't know sui-inter.net but some ISP gives only a limited amount of memory which causes trouble (e.g. with Moodle 2.x).

Cheers,

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 November 2012, 10:30

Hello Joydeep,

Sorry, I don't know with which versions of XAMPP Mahara works and why it would work with 1.7 but not 2.2. Maybe somebody else knows.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

10 results