Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Mahara 1.6 user manual translation

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 October 2012, 0:57

Hello,

We've uploaded (so far manually, no automatic import to Launchpad yet though that will come) the lang strings for the Mahara 1.6 user manual. You can see them at https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-manual/1.6

The good:

Strings that haven't changed to 1.5 and had already been translated in there were pulled along. Thus, German is already done 34.6% for example. :-)

The medium good:

Since we merged site administration and institution administration into just "Administration" I did quite a bit of streamlining also in the manual now just having "Administration" as well. Therefore, that entire section looks entirely untranslated though a big bunch of strings had already been translated for site-administration and institution-administration. However, these strings are listed in the suggestions so you can pull them in easily with a quick review to see if anything else has changed.

The not so good:

I did go through the entire 1.5 manual and made lots of English language updates which sometimes are minor, sometimes major. That included fixing a number of inconsistencies. As one paragraph is always one lang string, the entire string looks to be untranslated. Hopefully, Launchpad will still make some suggestions if it finds a somewhat similar text. Or maybe it is easier to find the strings in question in the 1.5 translation and copy them over. The order of the strings shouldn't have changed to 1.5 in the existing files.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Kristina

Ralf Hilgenstock's profile picture

24 October 2012, 1:40

Hi Kristina,

thanks for the good and not so good news.

I had a first quick check of the results. I can see that a filed you've changed is empty, but I also can see the translation done for the previous version. With one click I can activate them again and make changes if required.

Can you please check what happened with German and French 'administration' chapter. System shows that all strings are untranslated. I don't think you've changed all strings there.

Ralf

Ralf Hilgenstock's profile picture

26 October 2012, 3:12

I had a second look now and it looks that the administration  files are not moved to 1.6. There are no connections to 1.5 translations.
It would be a mess to translate all them new.

Ralf

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 October 2012, 19:06

Hello Ralf,

That is because the file names changed. Launchpad does not cope well with that. However, I see that if a string did not change, it is being suggested:

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results