Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Images not loading

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 October 2012, 7:33

I've noticed when logged in as an administrator all images that have been embedded/uploaded to the site load fine.

When I log myself in as a 'user' some of the images dont load and appear with a white box and a red cross in the top left.

Any ideas whats causing this and how to prevent it?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 1:56

Hello Laura,

Can you please describe your issue in more details? Answers to the following questions and any other information that you can provide might help to reproduce your problem.

• Which version of Mahara do you use?
  • Are the images that you see as site admin but not as user the same or did you upload others?
  • Where did you make the site admin images available? In a site page?
  • Where do you want to see the images as a user? In a portfolio page or in a forum post or journal entry?

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 October 2012, 3:09

Hi Kristina,

I am unsure what version of Mahara we are using as I didnt do the initial setup, how would I find this out?

Once logged in, we changed the little icons that come up on the front page that users can click to go through to their pages/groups etc and also within the groups we have created we have used small images in a grid effect to make the page look more appealing. When you are logged on as an administrator all the images on all the pages load as they should (our uploaded ones) but when your logged on as a user it is hit and miss if they load - usually a white box with a red cross appears.

The images are saved in the administration site files section.

For the users we want the images to be visible every time they log on to the page.

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 14:28

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the additional information. You can find out your Mahara version number on the "Admin home" page (see http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5/site_admin/overview.html under "Mahara: Site information").

I would place the images that you use on the dashboard into your theme folder and change the links etc. in the "homeinfo.tpl" file. Normally, that file only exists in the raw theme and all other themes inherit from it, but you can place it into your own theme as well. You can see an example of that in the "Primary school" theme where there is a different dashboard image used.

If you do not want to do that - and it may not solve your images issue in the groups - can you please check where in site files you placed your images? I believe they should live in the "public" folder in order to be seen by everyone on the site.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results