Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Help! Error while exporting content to Mahara

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 June 2014, 20:47

Hello,

Your error message is different from the one previously reported. What did you try to export?

Cheers

Kristina

03 June 2014, 2:55

Hi,

i try to export forum content from moodle to mahara and i try the HTML and Leap2 format but it didn't work either way.

thank you

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 June 2014, 12:00

What version of Moodle and Mahara are you using, which Moodle plugins for Mahara?

Have you set portfolios up in Moodle?

John

06 June 2014, 1:02

yes i use Moodle (2.6.2) and Mahara (1.8.2) and i didin't use any plugin i just activated the portfolio mahara plugin in moodle  

Mohammed
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 June 2014, 10:34

OK, here is a check list for you.

Moodle,

MNet is working between both sites, IE you can SSO from one to the other

Admin >>Networking>> Peer select the MAhara that is being difficult, serlect the Services tab and make sure that  Portfolio Services and Subscribe are checked, If changed save.

Mahara,

As admin from the dashboard, hover Institutions and click the firts entry in the dropdown (Institutions).

Select the Institution that corresponds to your Moodle, click the pencil icon to enter the edit mode.

Locate Authentication plugin  and endit the XML-RPC  entry.  At the bottom of the page are 3 boxes, We auto create users, We  Import content, Update users, make sure all are ticked, save tha page, then save the page it was launched from.

It should work.

Tip MNet is very picky about server time, assuming a *nix make sure NTP is installed and that both servers have the correct time.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 June 2014, 18:34

Hello Mohammed,

You can also go through the Mahoodle installation guide (works also for your version) at https://wiki.mahara.org/images/7/75/Mahoodle-updated-en.pdf and see if you missed a step.

If that still doesn't work, please check your server error log (both Moodle and Mahara) and see if there are any errors in there.

Cheers

Kristina

16 results