Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara slow to load JQuery popup boxes

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 October 2012, 3:55

Hi

We have a problem with our Mahara in that it's incredibly slow to load the JQuery "lightbox" style popup boxes

For example.. When I create a page in my portfolio, and go to the 'General' tab and drag and drop a text note into that grey area,, it takes a good 60 seconds or so to load up the popup box which asks you to fill in more information.

The weird thing is, this doesn't happen to every user!! Although there doesnt seem to be any difference which browser you use.. For instance Firefox works fine for me, but IE doesn't,, for other users Firefox takes ages to load etc..

Can anyone help shed any light on this?

Kind Regards

Adam

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

12 October 2012, 4:17

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this? Our users are generally experiencing Mahara to be slow to load journals and edit textboxes within the building and report that it's faster externally. It's almost as if the browser hangs while waiting for a response, then just gives up and allows the action to happen. I've found IE9 to be consistently slower that Firefox & Chrome - but not everyone reports the same results. Safari running on networked machines is also slow - but most users say their own devices running Safari are fine.

If a user at same machine gets different results using personal account and a test user account it makes me think it's an issue within our network permissions for different users, but I'm honestly not sure how group permissions work, and whether they could affect the user on login at the browser, or only on login at the computer. Our IT department tested and couldn't see consistent differences internally/externally in performance.

Thanks, Gordon.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 2:21

Hi Adam,

Can you please provide some details about your Mahara version and server environment (Operating system and version, MySQL or PostgreSQL and version, PHP version)?

Thanks

Kristina

3 results