Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
can't place feedback

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 October 2012, 8:58

I have just upgraded to version 1.5.3 and now no-one can leave feedback. If the Place Feedback link is clicked, the editor window opens up as normal and messages can be typed/edited. However, if the Place Feedback button is clicked to post the feedback it changes to 'Processing' and then....nothing. the 'Loading...' message appears top-left in the window, but the page does not reload. It is possible to cancel, but the feedback is obviously not there. This happens for feedback to pages or journal entries. There is nothing appearing in the error logs that appears related to this. The upgrade seemed to progress normally. All edits to php.ini have been made and the version of php is 5.4 (both standard and single php.ini).

I have tried re-installing everything again, but still nothing. It's a major problem since feedback and peer assessment is the main focus of our ePortfolios.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or has anyone come across this before?

Kemuel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 2:47

Hello Kemuel,

What operating system and database are you using?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 October 2012, 4:51

Hello Kristina

Thanks for responding. Our site is hosted by Bluehost, which runs Apache Server on Linux. We use a PostgresSQL database.

Kemuel

Account deleted

22 October 2012, 17:25

Hi Kemuel,

What browser are you using? What version of Mahara did you upgrade from?

Cheers,

Hugh

Account deleted

23 October 2012, 4:01

Hi Hugh

We normally use an ancient version of Internet Explorer (7.0), but I did the upgrade and all testing using Google Chrome (on PC)  and Safari (on Mac). No difference.

I upgraded from version 1.3.

Thanks

Kemuel

5 results