Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embedding Google Forms

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 September 2012, 11:26

Hi

Can anyone help with this? Tried embeding a form via the Google Apps artefact but it's just not having it. I then read about editing the web.php file for iframe embedding but have no idea what I should put in there to allow it. I've 'guessed' and it hasn't worked:

// Permit embedding contents from other sites    // List of pattern fragments for the URI.SafeIframeRegexp below    $safeiframesources = array('www\.youtube\.com/embed/',     'www\.docs.google.com',                               'player\.vimeo\.com/video/',                               'www\.slideshare\.net/slideshow/embed_code/',                               '(www|edu)\.glogster\.com/glog(/|\.php)',                               'wikieducator\.org/index\.php',

Anyone shed some light on this? :)

Gideon Williams's profile picture

28 September 2012, 11:06

This is not going to help hugely but I have noticed that when I add the embed iframe code for a Google form into a text box I see the form in the html view but it then disappears in "Normal" view. Quite bizarre. Not bright enough to know the reason why it does this...

Account deleted

28 September 2012, 12:37

Yup I saw this too.

You think "SUCCESS!" and then it's all take away from you. 

A post by Account deleted was deleted

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 October 2012, 20:03

Hello Dan and Gideon,

Google Forms cannot be embedded via the GoogleApps block. You can embed them via the safeiframe feature. Unfortunately, I'm not good with regex in Mahara 1.5. In 1.6 you can enter the URL via the admin interface.

In 1.5, try entering the following in the source file:

docs\.google\.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

13 September 2013, 20:51

Hello Kristna,

Sorry that I still don't know how to apply your solution.

I want to ask should I insert the code to the embed link?

Many thanks.

Tony

15 September 2013, 15:47

Hello Tony,

You can find more information in the manual for Mahara 1.5 at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5/site_admin/extensions.html#index-12 and add the line for the Google form as I mentioned above in it and give it a go.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 September 2013, 13:03

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your reply.

By refering to the manual, it seems that only the system administrator can make the chagnes.  I think I would need to contact my colleague in my institute in order to do this.  Thanks again.

CheersTony

17 September 2013, 17:29

Hello Tony,

Yes, only a system administrator can make that change in Mahara 1.5. From Mahara 1.6 on, it is a site administrator setting.

Cheers

Kristina

13 results