Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group Forums - Making Posts Private

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 September 2012, 4:26

Hi all,

I am using mahara to help students complete work electronically. One of the work pages requires the students to watch a video and reflect. They have been using a forum to express their thoughts and comments however, all the other students can see these posts, is there any way of hiding an individual forum post?

25 September 2012, 6:23

Hello Laura,

Where the oposite (sharing only one or a few articles from a journal) is easy, there is no no way to to hide a specific article from a shared page where the journal has been added.

The only solution I see, is to use the Published/Draft option at the botton of the article (in editing mode). If the article is marked as draft (unpublished) by its author, it will not show in the journal timeline on shared pages, but will still available to its author for reading and editing.

HTH

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 October 2012, 23:01

Hello Laura,

You cannot make forum posts private in Mahara. We do not have a Q&A forum like Moodle where you can achieve that as forums - at least as far as I know - have not been used for an assignment that you described.

Do you eventually want all other students to see each others comments or is it just a reflection from the student that you want to see? If the latter is the case, the students could create a journal in which they keep all their reflections and share the page which contains the journal just with you.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results