Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Trouble with Emed.ly

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 September 2012, 11:59

At Pace University we are using Mahara 1.5. We recently upgraded from 1.2. We're having some trouble with embedding Twitter and Pinterest feeds using embed.ly- the links don't seem to work. We are able to embed using the RSS feed for some reason, however the feeds don't automatically update like they should with the latest posts.

Can anyone help with our embed.ly issues?

Thank you!

Account deleted

27 September 2012, 11:23

Hi

I'm having a nightmare trying to embed the Twitter Widget or ANY form of feed (the RSS option looks horrible).

Embed.ly offers twitter as a service but the *'s confuse me in their suggested URLs.

Embedding a single tweet is easy enough (click on Details > Copy URL > Embed.ly it) but we want a full stream of tweets. Embedding the provided Twitter widget (in a text box, using HTML), does not work either.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Pretty please? 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 October 2012, 22:36

Hi Dan,

Can you please provide the version of Mahara you are using? Not all plugins may have been updated to Mahara 1.5. Troubleshooting is easier if the developers know a bit about your environment.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

24 October 2012, 14:42

Does anyone have a solution for our embed.ly issues?

Thank you! Best,

Michelle

Don Presant's profile picture

25 October 2012, 6:11

Hi Michelle:

I'm having trouble with embed.ly too, though I'm not sure it's related. My trouble has to do with inconsistency - sometimes it displays, sometimes not. See the thread in the Developer forum:

https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4946

In the meantime, I'm moving away from using it, with regret.

Account deleted

25 October 2012, 9:59

Don,

The Twitter feeds never seem to display for us. We had a work-around in the previous version, however it does seem very inconvenient for professors who heavily rely on social media in the classroom.

We are looking into obtaining the plugin that works with Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and that at least will provide us some type of solution. But again, Embed.ly works with a ton of other sites and I'm sure it's inconvenient for users who need to embed additional content.

-Michelle

6 results