Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Importing Leap2A in to existing user accounts

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 September 2012, 20:28

Hi,

I receive a large number of requests from our clients regarding the import of Leap2A files in to existing user accounts, or some how potentially merging accounts in to each other.

Out of curiousity, is there any view of this functionality being addressed in the future versions of Mahara or is it something that is far too complex to address?

Kind Regards,

Jason.

18 September 2012, 2:50

Dear Jason,

Up to version 1.6, it is true that an Leap2A import creates a new user at each import and this is not possible to update a user account with a Leap2a file.

I quickly looked into the blueprint and the feature requests on the bugtracker, without finding a demand like yours, despite I remember we already have discussed about this in the past.

If you wish you could create a feature request here : https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug.

And my opinion to answer to your second question, is YES is may be a challenge to upgrade existing users with a Leap2a file, regarding the possible collision of files/pages names and content : if the same document already exists, do we replace the previous one with the new, ask the user what to do, etc....

But whatever the effort would be, it may be interesting you place this request on the tracker and the future will tell us how and when this feature may (or not) be funded then implemented.

HTH

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 September 2012, 15:04

Hello Jason,

There is already a blueprint for this at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/improve-portfolio-import-export but as far as I know nobody has started to look into this yet.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

20 September 2012, 17:13

Hi Dajan & Kristina,

Thank you for responding and for your feedback. I suppose this was more a question to see if there are any plans and so I can pass some feedback on to our clients about the future developments of Mahara, so nothing else from this point is required.

I look forward to seeing what the future developments of Mahara bring to us as we're rolling these out more and more by the looks of things.

Kind Regards,

Jason.

02 October 2012, 23:19

Hi Jason,

If you have other ideas for the improving the functionality, please feel free to discuss them and / or add them as wishlist items to the tracker no matter whether your clients are going for it or not. It's good to keep track of any feature requests so that if someone is going to finance such a feature, all opinions can be taken into consideration and then seen what can be implemented with the funding.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

03 October 2012, 0:32

Hi Kristina,

Thank you; I have also mentioned to the client to post any such things in the tracker as it would be coming from them first-hand, rather than reworded from myself.

Kind Regards,

Jason.

22 October 2012, 3:38

Hello Jason,

That's fantastic, thank you.

Cheers

Kristina

7 results