Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Updatin Files in the Content Area

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 August 2012, 3:50

Hi,

I want students to use HTML templates to record some of their PDP activities.

I have these as pages using a single text box to which I have added the HTML template in full.

Problem is that this creates a note and if the note is deleted so to is the template and any work added therein.

I had hoped that by adding the template as a file to the content area I might be able to edit it in situ but this is not possible.  Silly of me to think so in the first place.

Is there a way of editing a file in situ (via webdav perhaps)?

thanks,

Arthur Loughran

PS I tried to search the forum for answers but I cannot find a search option.  Advice would be appreciated.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 August 2012, 9:45

Hello Arthur,

There is a search in the top right on mahara.org in the header, but unfortunately, the service we are using doesn't search pages (anymore) that are a few links removed from the homepage. A fulltext search would be nice.

As for your question: Files cannot be edited directly in Mahara. Some people solve that by using GoogleDocs which can be embedded. But you could also create a portfolio page with a text box in which you copy and paste your HTML code and your students then copy that page and will have the text box with the HTML template available to them. They can always copy the page again to have a fresh template. I think there was a bug that deleted the original text box if there were a number of copies made when someone deleted their notes, but that should have been fixed. If that is your issue, I can try to find the bug.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 August 2012, 12:33

Hi Kristina,Thanks for your message.I will check with our Admin and update asap.

regards,

Arthur

3 results