Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Mahara page JUST for staff

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 July 2012, 22:19

Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend something for me to try in Mahara. We are after a page of how-to resources that are ONLY available for staff to access, not students. I thought about adding all teachers to a group and sharing a page with them but the numbers continue to grow so this could end up being a HUGE task. Thanks in advance :)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 July 2012, 16:08

Hello Casey,

Alternatively, if it is possible that you can put all your staff into one institution and all your students into another, you could share a page with your staff easily from Mahara 1.5 on because there you can share pages not just with the public, logged-in users etc. but also an entire institution.

If you have Moodle connected to Mahara, the above won't work as you can only connect one Moodle to one Mahara and not multiple Mahara institutions within one installation. The group would be the only possibility then as far as I can see it.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 January 2013, 22:16

You could create a Group which staff could 'Request Membership' to (although if you have a lot of staff this might become a burden - unless you have multiple admins), then you could share the page with that group.

Alternatively, you could just generate a secret URL to the page and send out an email to all staff, or post the link on a staff intranet (this wouldn't be completely secure, but it would depend on how desperate you were to ensure access was strictly staff only).

Phil

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 January 2013, 16:05

Continuing from Phil: If you want to use a group, but don't want to wait until all your staff join it, you can create it via a CSV file and then add your staff via CSV file as well and thus keep the group membership current. You'll have to create the group via a CSV file though because otherwise you won't be able to use the member CSV upload functionality.

More info on that in the user manual.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results