Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Lost admin role

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 July 2012, 3:57

We have just installed Mahara, on linking to Moodle we have lost the administrator role in Mahara and also the ability to log in to Mahara directly, you can only go through Moodle, can anyone help please?

Mary Cooch's profile picture

23 July 2012, 4:25

Hello Rupert. You probably haven't lost the admin role since you must have needed it to install Mahara;it's just that you will have to make the i the admin person who networked in via Moodle a new admin in Mahara. When you come in from Moodle you don't have any rights. The  original, root admin that set up Mahara should still be available via the direct Mahara link. Log in with that one  to make your Moodle admin a Mahara admin. (You might have ended up with 2 named admins - one directly from Mahara and one coming in from Moodle) Your Moodle users will only be able to access via Moodle, yes. 

Account deleted

23 July 2012, 4:30

Hi mary, hope you are well,  thanks for the reply, i can not access mahara through the main mahara site, only through moodle, i am also getting the following message...

http://korueducation.org.uk/mahara/artefact/internal/validate.php?email=rupert%40korueducation.org.uk&key=YFOLW7DV4XfiQgCU

Any ideas...

Thanks Rupert

Mary Cooch's profile picture

23 July 2012, 10:17

Well how was the Mahara set up? Surely they must have been an admin account in order to network it with the Moodle? Who has that original admin account?

Account deleted

23 July 2012, 14:19

We have set up the admin role but there are still a few things that are not quite right. I feel i may become quite familiar with this forum...while you are there....how can i change the logo so that our company logo appears as the main heading for the site, thanks again!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 July 2012, 21:11

Hello Rupert,

I'm with Mary. Somewhere you must have a site admin account that was used for the setup. If you truly don't, I think you'll have to go into the database and set the permission directly there.

As for the logo, it sits in the "Raw" theme. If you change it there, it will be change in all themes.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

7 results