Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Spam in public pages or collections

Ralf Hilgenstock's profile picture

22 July 2012, 5:07

If a Mahara site allows to publish pages and collections and/or to create secret URLs ist possible to use a Mahara instance for spam or inappropriate content. It spossible to mark such content and to send a message to admins.

Is it also possible to report such content by a spam filter and to avoid publishing such content. If such content is been published it may take a while until someone notifies admins, but in meantime its public and can create a lot of trouble for the institution.

22 July 2012, 10:52

Below each pulbished page you have a button doing exactly this: report offending content. This feature should be soon available (version 1.6?) for forum messages and other types of artefacts.

-dajan

Ralf Hilgenstock's profile picture

22 July 2012, 12:04

Thanks for the information. I know that you can report this, but I also know that lots of people see offending content, wonder but didn't report them.Institutions like to identify offending content automatically.
Often this is an alibi, but it keeps them, calm that there will most offending content never published openly.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 July 2012, 20:44

Hello Ralf and dajan,

There are a few wishlist items open that relate to your inquiry, Ralf. dajan: I'm not aware of anyone working on the functionality to report forum posts. Thus, unless someone is but hasn't assigned themselves to the wishlist item yet, it's not going to make it into 1.6.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results