Forums | Mahara Community

Comments on feature proposals /
Usability

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 April 2009, 19:46

Roadmap item: http://wiki.mahara.org/Roadmap/Usability

Status: Planned for some time soon. What will actually be done is yet to be decided.

If there's anything that strikes you as important on the Usability page, feel free to mention that here - we'll try to do things that are causing the biggest pain points for everyone first.

If you're able to contribute funding, expertise, ideas/concept sketches, or even arrange a formal usability test - let us know!

Account deleted

14 April 2009, 22:07

We have started meetings about what to do in a usability sprint after Mahara 1.2:

http://wiki.mahara.org/Developer_Area/Dev_Team_Ideas/Usability_Sprint_%2709

Account deleted

21 April 2009, 5:18

Nothing that has not been mentioned before...

• Placement of messages in Settings / Notifications
  • The relationship between MyResume / MySkills / MyGoals. They exist as separate tabs in the portfolio, but not as separate dragable items in the view. Goals and Skills are only "addable" as single resume fields.
  • For new users the "Edit Profile" and "Edit Profile Page" relationship is not clear.... though I am not sure if anything can really be done about that.

I think the big issue with new users seems to be grasping the "portfolio / view" relationship that exists in Mahara, and in particular that relationship as applied to the user profile which is a little more complex... and is the task they often want to perform first (pimping up their profile Tongue out ).
Dirk Meyer's profile picture

08 May 2009, 16:53

To add to ths:

Everything that has a 'My' should perhaps be accessible from one location ...move 'My Resume', 'My Goals' 'My skills' to My portfolio?   Just a thought

Account deleted

08 May 2009, 20:36

We're going to be reworking the navigation into different categories, broken more along the lines of your stuff versus other's stuff, so in some resepects we will be doing this - though the menu item titles may well change.
Account deleted

03 July 2009, 10:20

Hi Nigel,

Can you tell me what happened to the Usability sprint?

There have been a couple of point releases since this was announced but no real changes.

It would be good to get an idea of whether this is still going ahead and whether there will be many changes? 

Thanks, Jeremy

Account deleted

08 July 2009, 19:59

Hi Jez,

Nigel's away this week but I can tell you that the developers really want to do the usability stuff.  It would certainly be my highest priority if I had the choice.  But it's unfunded and we've had to change tack a bit recently and get some paid Moodle integration work done.  We're now planning to stabilise a 1.2 release without the usability work, so my guess is that it will be delayed for quite a while.Cry

Account deleted

09 July 2009, 20:23

Hiya. Richard has it right. We are planning on doing it right after Mahara 1.2 is released, but we need to get that done first. Richard has been delayed on Moodle/Mahara integration work, and I've been on holiday and doing security upgrades, so things have been a little slow recently. Hopefully speed will increase now though, as Richard becomes more free, I finish my work and we get more bugs fixed thanks to Ben Bradshaw who's now doing Mahara work for us Smile

Account deleted

29 July 2009, 5:54

Ok thanks a lot for that, will look forward to the results... when you have funding Laughing
Craig Eves's profile picture

12 August 2010, 23:59

Further usability features have been added -including some screenshots.

http://wiki.mahara.org/Roadmap/Usability_Upgrade_Version_1.4

Please add ideas that you think would help improve usability either here or on the wiki

Thanks

11 results