Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Call for Case Studies

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 April 2009, 16:51

Great - looking forward to seeing it! 1200 students is quite a big deployment in the scheme of things so far.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Sam Taylor's profile picture

14 April 2009, 5:19

Hi Nigel,

We are in the very early stages of looking at e-portfolios and mahara. I have put together for you a basic view (click here).  I will update it as and when new feedback comes in!  Hope this helps?

Regards,

Sam

Account deleted

14 April 2009, 16:57

Thanks Sam - indeed, you seem to be at an early stage, so it will be interesting to see how use at Southamptom Solent Uni grows over time Cool
Account deleted

20 April 2009, 18:22

Hi Everyone, I have been working on another View or two. Because we have an open access public site that is running on Mahara my main interest is pushing buttons to see what users can do so this is a Getting Started view. We are also chasing some funding to get some features developed which we will share if we can pull them off. As a lecturer (in eBusiness) I was amazed at the impact Myspace had on students digital literacy. It was great that they had to learn a little html code. Then along came Facebook and that was the end of that. Playing with Mahara virtually every day, I am learning and trying to share what can be done. I like to think some workarounds can be satisfying for users, but some probably need to be replaced (such as better image management), or Mahara may share the Myspace decline in popularity. We have just contracted to provide hosting for 1,000 students in Melbourne which is great, but the best thing is we are also providing training about using ePortfolios for students and staff. We all love to see new features, but I think one of the most important things we can do is share 'how ePortfolios are being used' so thanks again Nigel for this section.
Account deleted

21 April 2009, 2:16

Hi Ian - nice to see such views being created - always encouraging to see Cool

If you are interested in contributing back to the core, remember to get in touch with Catalyst - we can advise you on how to make your improvements have the best chance of making it into the core, which is benefitial for everyone Smile

Account deleted

21 April 2009, 4:00

Good morning,

I believed that I did post about our experience with Mahara in this topic, but I cannot see my post now, so it may be lost. I will write it again

I am working  for Carnegie College in central Scotland -carnegiecollege.ac.uk-. We started using Mahar at the beginning of this academic year and we have currently several pilot projects on going.

One of these projects is being undertaken with the School of Health, Chilcare and Science. Mahara is used to record and submit for assignment the work of part time students.  Students have structured their course work into views, which also include a blog describing their experiences. 

As mentioned, I was present in some of the training sessions with the students and their tutors. Students praised Mahara as "easy to use" and " very useful to organize their work". These students are under the age of 18, and, in general, well computer literated.

Likewise,  I would like to mention here that I prepared several demo videos about  for the college that I am happy to share with the community.

The videos can be downloaded  from:

http://mahara.org/view/artefact.php?artefact=5475&view=34

and you can browse them at:

http://tinyurl.com/cxjb4k

http://tinyurl.com/dkv8j2

I hope that this information is useful.

Regards

Aaricia/Mari

Tim Molnar's profile picture

27 June 2009, 1:36

:)

I totally missed this but will make a go at a submission.

Account deleted

07 July 2009, 5:33

Hi Nigel,

We have been discussing with some students about the way to integrate Mahara in a project: A space in progress...

It isn´t a finished project, it´s in progress, but we think that it could be interesting for the community because we are working throw dynamics of governance.

Cheers!

Margari

Account deleted

09 July 2009, 23:39

Looks good! Cool I hope you continue updating it over time, and hope your project goes well!