Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Call for Case Studies

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 April 2009, 17:39

Hi everyone,

We know that there's a lot of people out there using Mahara now, and that there are still more people wondering about whether they should use it. One thing that could really help people decide to use Mahara would be seeing some case studies of how it's being used currently, and to that end we'd like your help!

If you're using Mahara, we would really appreciate it if you took a small amount of time to make a View here on mahara.org about your experiences. I've created a template that you could use as a starting point. It's a good chance to give us some feedback on things you like and don't like about Mahara, and help out people who are still considering whether they should use Mahara.

If you do make one, it would be appreciated if you could reply to this thread with a link to it.  Thanks! Cool

Account deleted

04 April 2009, 5:56

Hi Nigel,

I think it is a great idea sharing views.  I can only say thanks for the fantastic work you do. My View is a work in progress, it's pretty bland at the moment so it can only get better with more work.

Cheers, Ian Knox 
Foliospaces

Account deleted

05 April 2009, 16:51

Thanks Ian, that's a great view! Much appreciated Cool

Actually, I might start another view listing all the case studies, so they can all be found easily.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Derrin Kent's profile picture

05 April 2009, 7:00

Hi Nigel,

I have just finished writing a view in response to this call for case studies.  I have submitted the view for assessment by the Mahara Community....  Did I do the right thing??  

Account deleted

05 April 2009, 16:55

Hi Derrin - thanks for that! If you submit it for assessment then you can't make changes, so I released it back to you again.

As I mentioned to Ian, I think we'll make a view linking to all these case study views, which will make them easy to find.

Edit: your view is here, for people reading the thread.

Account deleted

05 April 2009, 17:24

Hi Nigel,

We have a project website that has used the view tool.  Is it Ok to just share that link? http://sites.google.com/a/auckland.ac.nz/e-portfoliio/Home

Best wishes

Hasmeeta

Account deleted

05 April 2009, 18:08

Yep  that's fine - the case studies don't have to be on mahara.org.
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

08 April 2009, 10:36

Hi,

just back from a teach the teachers workshop about Mahara Cool

Here are my views (eWIEsion Mahara@school) I used for the "presentation", I used a naviagtion block to show the whole stuff.

A feedback is highly appreciated.

Heinz

Account deleted

08 April 2009, 11:37

Hi Heinz!

That looks great, although as it's in german I can only understand some of it :)

One comment -  you spelled Kia Ora wrong, it should be with a K, not a C.

Penny

34 results