Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara/Moodle Integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 June 2012, 16:47

I installed "Mahara" in one domain and then installed "moodle " in subfolder of that domain. And I logged in Moodle as admin and integrate  moodle with mahara.

Everything is setup.

After I logged in in Moodle ,I can login with same credentials to mahara. But when I am logged in Mahara, I cannot log in to the moodle with the same details.

Please suggest.

Account deleted

21 June 2012, 13:52

Please Help!!!

Account deleted

21 June 2012, 18:59

Hi,

How have you set up the integration between moodle and mahara? I would suggest following https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/File:Mahoodle-updated-en.pdf to get this set up correctly.

When you say that you can login with the same credentials to mahara, do you mean that you clicked on a "network server" block in moodle and came to mahara, or did you go to mahara and relogin?
The way mahoodle integration works, is it is one way, if you want two way authentication, you can either set up a third party SSO, or you can make another auth instance on both mahara and moodle that goes in the reverse direction. The file linked above should help you do this.

Cheers,

Hugh 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 June 2012, 23:44

Hello,

Mahara and Moodle can be connected via MNet only in one direction: It's either Moodle to Mahara OR Mahara to Moodle. The most common way is Moodle to Mahara.

Hugh, I think your suggestion of creating a second institution for the reverse direction doesn't work because one Moodle can only be connected to one Mahara, i.e. if one institution has the authentication method already another can't use it. Furthermore, even if that were possible, a second account would be created which is not wanted.

Developer1: Mahara has a number of authentication methods available. Only the MNet one (XML-RPC) allows you to connect to your Moodle. You may have two accounts on Mahara if you are an admin: 1) your internal Mahara account and 2) your account from coming via Moodle. Only the credentials of your second account will lot you in to Moodle. Moodle does not know anything of your internal Mahara credentials and thus doesn't allow you to use this login and password on its site.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results