Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Cannot Register

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 June 2012, 14:01

I installed the mahara in one of my domain. Now I am trying to register as a User , But I cannot register. It says 

"Sorry, your registration attempt was unsuccessful. This is our fault, not yours. Please try again later."

Everytime I do It shows the same msg. Please suggest.

Thanks

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 17:12

Usually that means Mahara cannot send email for some reason.  Have a look at your error log, and then the wiki here:

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara#Final_Tasks_.28don.27t_forget.21.29:_Email_.26_Cron_Job

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 20:59

Thanks for the reply. I checked all the email settings. It is ok coz those settings are working for other sites. I dont know why, still not working.

Thanks

Account deleted

14 June 2012, 14:19

Still not working Please help !!!!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 June 2012, 14:51

Hello,

Did you check your error log right after trying to register? Is there something in it? Without some kind of error messages, it is pretty tough to come up with an answer.

It would also help to know what server environment you are running Mahara on (Linux, Windows, which version), whether you are on shared hosting or not, whether your cron job is set up correctly, which version of Mahara you are using and anything else that might help to identify your system.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results