Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle/Mahara upgrade order. Compatibility matrix?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 June 2012, 16:37

Hello

We are running Moodle 1.9.7 and Mahara 1.4 on separate virtual Ubuntu servers (10.04).

SSO from Moodle to Mahara works OK - thanks for the guide - painstaking but it worked.

Now we want to upgrade both Moodle (to 2.3) and Mahara (to 1.5) - but the question is which to do first?

We will have to go from Moodle 1.9.7 to 1.9.18 (or later), then to 2.2 (completed Ok on test server to this point) before the 2.3 lift when it is released.

Question - can I upgrade to Mahara 1.5 before we do the moodle - ie is 1.5 compatible with Moodle 1.9.7? [I've looked at many posts on the forums but not found that exact combination, though could have missed it - hence wondering if there is  a compatibility matrix anywhere]

OR are we better waiting until Moodle goes to 2.3 (we will do that all in one session to reduce downtime) then Mahara to 1.5?

Mahara only has few users. My schedule would prefer to do Mahara first as we will have more to do when Moodle upgrades with our users etc.

Comments/advice from seasoned upgraders welcome.

TIA

Andy H

Account deleted

11 June 2012, 19:44

Upgrading Mahara first should be fine - there were no significant changes to SSO in 1.5.

Account deleted

12 June 2012, 11:13

That's great. Thanks for the prompt response.

Just to check my understanding - both Moodle and Mahara upgrades will handle the link without having to break and remake it [each time]?

TIA

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 June 2012, 15:18

Hello bede,

As long as the public key does not change, you shouldn't have to worry. You can find the public key in Moodle under "Networking" and then the Mahara one under "Peers". Or on the Mahara side the Mahara public key under "Networking" and the Moodle one in your Moodle authentication method pop-up screen.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results