Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Full screen button on Youtube video

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

11 June 2012, 5:04

I can't get the fullscreen button on the youtube player to work.  I've had a search but not come across anything specifically related to this.  Does anyone know if it's possible?   What I'm trying to do is list my training videos on a page, each at 320x240 but I had intended that users would switch to full screen if they were actually viewing a video.

Thanks

Marion

Don Presant's profile picture

11 June 2012, 6:34

I've never been able to do this with the External Video Block.

It's one reason I use the embed.ly plugin.

11 June 2012, 6:54

Thanks.  Unfortunately we don't have that plugin installed.  I shall have to try and get it.

Regards

Marion

11 June 2012, 9:05

You can also have a try with the other plugin called "External Resources" (https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/Extresource).

Regards,

-dajan

12 June 2012, 4:48

Thanks dajan, I'll have a look at that.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 June 2012, 14:44

Hello Marion and Don,

Which version of Mahara are you using? I just checked on demo.mahara.org (Mahara 1.5) and using the regular external media block with a link to the YouTube page (both YouTube page URL and embed code), I get the fullscreen option and can watch videos in their full glory.

Cheers

Kristina

12 June 2012, 4:49

I'm using 1.4

Don Presant's profile picture

12 June 2012, 6:09

I'm using 1.4 also, pending some plug-in updates. It's great to hear that the native external video block is now working so well.

Can't wait to get to 1.5, though I may stick with embed.ly (one of the plug-ins that needs to be updated), since the one tool works for so many Web 2.0 multimedia sites and permits commentary/curation.

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

27 July 2016, 20:45

Hi,

Better late than never!

I've finally had some time to look at at the Fullscreen problem - it's been a bit of a nightmare since the button stopped working (we use lots of embedded videos), and the help link from YouTube is of no use at all.

I tweaked my code trying a range of different suggestions trawled from a variety of sites and finally found one that worked... A stupidly simple amendment but it's amazing how many different ways there are to code the same thing but most of them no longer work.

My original code >>

<iframe width="350" height="240" src="url?wmode=opaque&rel=0&wmode=transparent&modestbranding=1" frameborder=0></iframe>

New code >>

<iframe width="350" height="200" src="url?wmode=opaque&rel=0&wmode=transparent&modestbranding=1" allowFullScreen=1 frameborder=0>

Regards, Gordon.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 September 2016, 17:09

Hello Gordon,

Is that the iframe cod you embed or did you make a change in Mahara? When I copy the full embed code from YouTube and also just the URL, I do get the fullscreen option in my Mahara master instance (16.10RC1) without making any changes to the code or adding something manually to the embed code.

Cheers

Kristina

10 results