Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New version of Europass plugin

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 January 2013, 3:05

Hi Gregor,

unfourtunatly it does not work for me:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class PluginArtefactEuropass in /home/xxxxxxxx/domains/websmederij.nl/public_html/projects/mahara/artefact/europass/lib.php on line 136

Worst of all placing the old folder back does not solve the problem. Any idea?

Happy new year,

Volker Schmidt

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

01 January 2013, 3:19

"Cannot redeclare class PluginArtefactEuropass" just tells me, that you somehow (???) have two files in your Mahara installation, that contain the definition of PluginArtefactEuropass class.

I have never experienced that error myself. Do you maybe have two folders, one with Europass new and one with Europass old code in your artefact folder. If that's not the case, the error log from your server would be very helpful.

Other than that, I have no idea...

Happy New year to you too.

HTH, G

Account deleted

01 January 2013, 3:46

Hmm, you are right. It was not enough to simply rename the folder. I guess you mentioning 'deleting the folder' in the upgrading manual was not for nothing. Oops.

Nonetheless, upgrading gives errors:

Could not execute command: ALTER TABLE "artefact_europass_otherlanguage" DROP COLUMN certificate

Call stack (most recent first):
  • execute_sql("ALTER TABLE {artefact_europass_otherlanguage} DROP...") at /home/xxxxxxx/domains/websmederij.nl/public_html/projects/mahara/artefact/europass/db/upgrade.php:193
  • xmldb_artefact_europass_upgrade("2012050900") at /home/xxxxxxxx/domains/websmederij.nl/public_html/projects/mahara/lib/upgrade.php:374
  • upgrade_plugin(object(stdClass)) at /home/xxxxxxxx/domains/websmederij.nl/public_html/projects/mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php:94
Tara,
Volker Schmidt
Account deleted

01 January 2013, 7:02

Hi,

I deleted the old version with the instructions you gave in above post and reinstalled it, that worked.

Seemed to me that the constrain was the problem, see above.

Cheers,

Volker Schmidt

08 January 2013, 4:16

It works for me now. 

Thank you very much and  all the best in new year.

Andrej

Account deleted

29 December 2012, 23:46

The wiki needs to be updated. The download link point to http instead to https and returns to the home page of Mahara.

Greetings,

Volker Schmidt

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 December 2012, 7:54

Hello Volker,

I could get to the download page for thep plugin just fine even without the https. However, I did update the link.

BTW: You can update the wiki yourself. Your mahara.org login also works for the wiki. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

01 January 2013, 2:42

Hi Kristina,

actually what I ment are those pages that point from the wiki to the downloads on the Mahara forum. Thanks for the tip that I can log in myself, I just fixed all those links...I hope Smile

Volker

29 March 2013, 2:10

Hello Gregor, it's me again. Smile

I play a little with Europass plugin and have few questions:

1. Europass has new interface (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose) and also some changes. May we expect a new version of Europass plugin?

2. I try to import data from valid xml file, but without success. Although I get message 'Podatki iz Europass XML datoteke uspešno uvoženi v Maharo', there are not any new data.

3. You can change the order of the individual items in education and employment history with up and down arrows, but without effect in europass view.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Andrej

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

29 March 2013, 10:13

1. Yes. The Europass plugin will have new version that will reflect changes. Keep in mind though that new version of Europass is still in RC phase...

2. Any error and/or log files... It's hard to tell without any additional information.

3. I think that education and employment history is sorted by date

HTH, Gregor