Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
how to change email address [email protected]

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 May 2012, 2:00

Hello all,

how to change email address [email protected]?because everytime i create new user, the user always get email  from this address. I would like to change it to our company email address. Thank you.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 May 2012, 14:29

Hello raven,

If you mean the system email address, you can change that in Configuer site -> Site options -> Email settings.

cf. http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5_STABLE/site_admin/config_site.html#email-settings

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

23 May 2012, 21:48

Hello Kristina, Thanks for your help. By the way, I have problem with lock out user (in my case is admin account). It said lock out for 5 minutes but it is still lock after 5 minutes. How do I solve this problem?. Where to find a setting to reactivate admin account again?Also how to hide admin account from being display in online users and from user display/search function?

25 May 2012, 4:11

Hello raven,

I'm going out on a limp here as I can't find the reference, but is your cron running? I think to remember vaguely it was fixed by setting up the cron job.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

25 May 2012, 4:26

unfortunatelly i don't run cron job, do you think in order to fix the problem i need to run cron job?how to install and use cron job?

26 May 2012, 17:50

Hello raven,

My previous post included the link to the cron job page on the wiki. Wink

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Cron_Job

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

27 May 2012, 18:44

Hi Kristina, as a sugestion, can you highly compitant teckies hold in the back of your mind when answering questions that the vast majority of people looking for information are only hopful wanabies lol.  We dont have the same level of knowledge as you and things need to be spelled out a little bit clearer for us to understand.

I tried using the  * * * * * curl http://your-mahara-site.org/lib/cron.php method for fixing the cron job. I didnt know if it was a simple cut and paste job, where in the file I should put it and if it need altering such as putting a $ in front of it or not or a ; at the end of it or not.

An example for instructions would be find file xyz, goto line 123' paste text underneath or repplace or add to then remove or add xyz, save file.

Anyway, in the end I tried all the solutions in diferent combinations and it didnt work.  Still no active cronjob so I must still be doing somthing wrong or it has to be done on the site by the hosting team as they dont allow access to the file.

Account deleted

27 May 2012, 21:50

hello kristina, I read the link for cron job you gave me but i still don't understand where should i put or run those text in calling cron.php via the web guide. could you give me explanation in detail about this?and also could i hide admin user from being display in any my mahara site because i think admin user doesn't need to expose him/herself to other user for minimize misuse or exploitation by other user for example guessing admin password and make admin account lockout.

28 May 2012, 5:39

Hello Stephan and raven,

LOL. 3 non-techies in a forum. :-) Sorry, I can't help with the cron job intricacies as I am not a developer myself. I only pointed you to the page. Further questions would better be answered by someone who can explain it better and then maybe even update the wiki page. Wink

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

28 May 2012, 8:27

so anyone some techies out there can help me with cron job and about my question regarding admin account?Wink

16 results