Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
Upload of rich media from apps into Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 April 2012, 18:56

I have a client and we're considering a solution whereby learners are given an ipad and use apps to upload a 'reflective story' into their Mahara space. They'd use audio, video, photos etc. But I'm not sure if this is really possible. Has anyone done anything similar? How can you upload your audio tracks, videos and images from your ipad apps into Mahara? Porfolio up seems to have a few technical problems from what I've read on the forums, so may not be the easiest option for learners who are not that technically literate? Otherwise you could email the files to yourself but then what?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 May 2012, 15:33

Hello Kate,

PortfolioUp is currently the only iPhone application. MaharaDroid for Android devices can upload pretty much anything that you can share on an Android phone or tablet, but that doesn't really help you on an iPad.

Thus, currently you would have to send the artefacts you create on an iPad to your computer and then upload them from there. PortfolioUp should work with standard internal authentication and for images, but not any other file types yet.

Alternatively, if the apps offer the students to make their creations available online, maybe they can embed that content into their portfolio pages without uploading it, e.g. like a YouTube video.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

3 results