Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Two new blocks and a translation

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 March 2012, 7:55

Hello, later than I hoped, I'm releasing two blocks, a Google +1 button and a QR Code Generator (uses the google chart api) and a translation for the portuguese language(Portugal). The translation contains translations for most of the current available artefacts and blocks, bear in mind that the translation is not 100% finished, but it's also not missing much, some strings in the instalation and some obscure functions that we were not using and were not exposed to the average user.
Both blocks and translation are currently in use in our live install, unfortunatley the install still hasn't been publicly anounced so I can't give a link to it.

This code/translation was developed for use with mahara 1.4.x and is made available freely under GPL.

I hope you guys like it.

The code is available at https://github.com/effgarces/

16 March 2012, 10:34

Hello Emanuel,

Thank you for your two blocks.

Regarding the Progugese translation, Mahar.org provides tools to help translators in their work. Please contact Kristina Hoeppner or François Marier to setup a language git entry or use Launchpad to translate Mahara.

Either ways provide a direct link to users in the langpack library (http://langpacks.mahara.org/).

dajan

Account deleted

19 March 2012, 21:27

Hi Emanuel,

I've uploaded your translation to Launchpad, because we've had another person who's offered to help with the maintenance, and it'll be easier if they can use the launchpad interface rather than editing the php files directly.

The import should be complete in a day or so.  It'd be great if you could create an account on launchpad and let me ([email protected]) know your username there, and I'll add you as a maintainer.  Please also tell me if anyone else who's helped with your translation would like to be added.

As Dominique-Alain said, we'll set up langpacks.mahara.org to automatically create a Portuguese language pack from the launchpad translation.

Richard.

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 6:46

Hi Richard

I saw that that you already added my launchpad account to the "Mahara Portuguese Translators" team, thank you.

I sent you a message with the launchpad account from a friend that helped with the translation.

Thanks once again.

Julian Ridden's profile picture

21 March 2012, 18:01

those blocks are awesome. Thanks for sharing with the community.

Juian

Account deleted

28 March 2012, 10:23

I'm glad you like it.

6 results