Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Deleted feedback

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 March 2012, 11:28

We are using Mahara to record learners progress through their course. A major issue we have come across is that learners are removing feedback from their views, especially if the feedback doesn't suit them. This feedback is an impoortant part of the verification process and needs to be in place for awarding body verifiers. Is there any way of preventing learners from removing feedback, or are there plans to introduce such a concept in a future version.

Thanks

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 March 2012, 19:33

Hello Kevin,

There's already a wishlist item for something like that at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/897863 and a discussion at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4170 concerning instructor feedback.

You could add your weight there by clicking on the "This bug affects me" link (top left).

If you had something else in mind, please open a new tracker item and reference to it here as well.

Cheers

Kristina

14 March 2012, 3:21

Hello Kevin,

In my school for our projects, we use the following strategy to avoid the drawback you mentioned in your previous message:

• students provide information in pages/collections during the project; submit them for formative assessment; receive formative comments on their portfolio in Mahara
  • at the end of the project, students submit to Moodle a page for formal and summative assement to Moodle; receive formal comments, mark and outcomes validation;

In that case, certificative feedbacks are then stored in Moodle with their marks in the Grades Book. The outcomes and comments are transfered to Mahara as well.

But I agree that you can add you voice to request Mahara deal differently with tutors' comment. I also did it.

Cheers,

-dajan

Account deleted

14 March 2012, 5:01

Hi Dajan

Thanks for your comments, that is certainly something to consider. The issue with that is that the learner is deleting feedback before it would have been uploaded to Moodle. They are deleting it because they don't like the feedback.

I have added my voice to the Mahara launchpad.

Actually this reminds me that there is another problem here as well. If there is a number of feedback comments and a tutor wants to delete a feedback item, clicking the cross on the feedback does not remove the relevant feedback item, it removes feedback in chronological order, so therefore to remove the last feedback you have to remove all feedback, have you noticed this, or does the problem lie with my system??

Cheers

Kevin

14 March 2012, 6:35

"The issue with that is that the learner is deleting feedback before it would have been uploaded to Moodle. They are deleting it because they don't like the feedback."

Is it then because of this we are giving formal and assessment feedback in Moodle and not in Mahara (yet). So feedback can't be deleted at the source.

Account deleted

19 March 2012, 16:36

Kevin, we had a bad bug fairly recently where the wrong feedback item was removed:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/803247

If you're still seeing this behaviour in the latest release or on demo.mahara.org, we'll reopen it.

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 3:53

Thanks Richard

I have just tested it on the demo Mahara and it seems to work fine. We are currently running 1.4.0 so will have to do an upgrade.

Cheers

Kevin

7 results