Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Meta data tags

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2012, 17:36

Where in Mahara as admin do you go  to place Meta data tags?

15 February 2012, 4:23

What do you mean by "Meta data tags"? Do you mean a collection of tags users of a group can use to tag their artefacts?

If so, it is not possible to create a list of tags in Mahara (yet). Tags are created by users and they can't share their list of tags.

You could put a feature request (https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/) if you think this a a feature Mahara should have.

-dajan

Account deleted

15 February 2012, 9:47

Hi - please can you clarify your comment that 'Tags are created by users and they can't share their list of tags'. Because I've created a page containing a Journal (with Tags), and made it copyable...I've then copied that page as another user, and the Journal Tags have become the list of Tags in the new user's account. So it looks as though I can share lists of Tags with other users, and I'm therefore not sure what you mean. Many thanks, Matt

15 February 2012, 12:54

You are right, if you create an artefact and add tags to it, and then someone else use a copy of it, the tags are transferred and new personal tags can be added. Tags are linked to artefacts.

But I thought that your idea was, maybe, to create a list of tags that would be automatically offered to group's users, without the step of copying something from a group page.

With a tag management, you could offer users a list of tags on which  you have the handle. So if you may change a tag name, the change is made for all your group's users.

But Mahara can't do this yet.

-dajan

Account deleted

16 February 2012, 3:41

Thanks dajan, that's a useful clarification. By the way, I always enjoy (and get lots of ideas from) your posts. Matt

16 February 2012, 6:34

Always happy to share and try to help.

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 February 2012, 12:55

Hi Matt,

What it means is that other users cannot see your tag cloud and you cannot put it into a page for other users to explore your portfolio via the cloud. In Mahara 1.4 you can search pages that have been shared with you by others via tags on the "Shared Pages" tab in "Groups" though.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 February 2012, 16:15

Thanks Kristina!

Matt

8 results