Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
The views permission system doesn´t work correctly in my mahara installation. why?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 February 2012, 5:02

Hello everybody, good morning from Madrid.

I have discovered a thing that for me is a strange behaviour and i don´t know if it is a normal thing.

when the site administrator create a new view inside a group and he don't give any user the permision to access it,

nobody should even be able to see the view, shouldn't?

In my case It doesn't work, I do not know why any "participant" in the group is able to access the view and not only that They could even modify the view. It ocurrs the same with the files area in any group, although i granted permission only for the administrator the rest of participant are able even to delete the files.

I don´t know what could be ocurring with my mahara instaltation or could be that there is something in the mahara philosophy that I didnt get yet.

Could somebody clear up my mystery?

Thanks a lot for all. Hugs.

Mary Cooch's profile picture

03 February 2012, 12:32

Hi there. If he is creating group views then the  normal behaviour is that all members of the group can access and edit this view - group views (and files) are collaborative.

04 February 2012, 5:12

Hello,

Mary is right: a group view (aka page from 1.4 onward) is a collaborative place to work with all group members. If you want to control access to pages you can create personal or institutional pages and decide who can copy/see/access.

Regards,

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 February 2012, 19:39

Hello Raúl,

It depends on the group type if regular group members can create pages and files. If you have a course controlled group, only the group admin can do so.

For files, you can be specific of who shall have what right.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results