Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with inserting blocks

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 January 2012, 16:42

I have no idea whether this is a bug with Mahara (I don't think so) or with our operating system BUT I have been using Mahara for over a year with no problem - all of a sudden (and I have not been fiddling with settings or code)...in several views it will not permit me to insert blocks in more than one column - other columns can be created (and I have tried deleting and recreating in the hope it might correct the problem but no joy - I have also tried creating other views that worked temporarily but not for long)but nothing can be inserted in those columns - it has basically gone mad! I really could do with some assistance on this as it is extremely frustrating...
Dirk Meyer's profile picture

15 January 2012, 20:14

Hey Philippa,

have you changed or upgraded your browser? Tried different browsers?

Account deleted

15 January 2012, 23:59

Thanks Dirk - got it in one - although someone else pointed out the problem to me before you - but yes, Explorer decided to throw its toys  - so swapped to another browser and no problems...

Account deleted

16 January 2012, 15:54

Hi Philippa,

We really do need to fix these sorts of issues on the Mahara side if they're common - we want people to be able to use Mahara with IE! 

Can you let us know which version of IE you're using, a little bit about your Mahara installation, and anything else you can think of that might help us to reproduce the problem?

R.

Account deleted

17 January 2012, 4:43

Explorer 8 and the mahara version is 1.4

Account deleted

17 January 2012, 16:54

I can't reproduce this myself, so I don't think it's a general problem with IE8 and 1.4.  If anyone can narrow it down to some set of steps that reliably causes the bug, I'll have another look.

Account deleted

19 October 2012, 10:17

Hi Richard

1.5 with ie8... when editing a page, try to insert a text box.

It drags over and when you drop it, nothing happens.

Any ideas for a fix?

Same happens in IE9 :(

Thanks very much - Andrea

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 1:16

Hello Andrea,

I think I've seen that a couple of times without knowing why it happened or how it could be prevented (maybe some IE non-compliance to JavaScript?). Clicking on the mouse again released the block and put it into the page.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results