Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Case Notes extension

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 December 2011, 9:33

What ho.

We are running Mahara 1.4.1 on RHEL and have been looking at the Case Notes extension. It has installed ok (followed the instructions at (https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/Problems_%26_Conditions) and seems to work, but when we try to add filters to "Problems and Conditions"there is no response. The URL called when clicking on the 'Add' tag looks good

../artefact/pc/editcasenote.php?id=606#

for example, but there is no action. The browser doesn't submit anything to the server and/or there is no response. We have tried this on Chrome, Firefox, IE & Safari to rule out a browser issue and they all exhibit the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Cameron,

xxx.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 December 2011, 22:22

Hello Cameron,

The Case Notes plugin was developed for Mahara 1.2 and would probably need some TLC to bring it up to speed to 1.4. You could conatct me off-forum if you are interested in having Catalyst who developed the plugin take a look at it or give it a go yourself.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

14 December 2011, 14:52

Kristina, there's already a working 1.4 version available, as mentioned on https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/Problems_%26_Conditions (code at http://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-pc/commits/1.4_STABLE).

Last time I had it installed I didn't see anything like the problem Cameron's describing though.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 December 2011, 21:28

Hi Richard,

Sorry. Great that the plugin works for 1.4 already.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

16 December 2011, 9:22

Wow - Thanks to whoever has got a 1.4 version of this plugin working - It has made my Friday! - Looking at the commits it was you Richard so Thankyou!

We devised the inital concept and funded the origional development for 1.2 and were tentively looking at getting work done to make it 1.4 compatible - perhaps now we can look into funding some improvements! 

I'd be really keen to find out if others are using the plugin particularily if it's being used in other contexts (away from medicine)

Some ideas for improvements that come to mind are:

• Whilst adding a new note, for students to have the ability to add learning needs. These items would be mapped to the 'note' and create a kind of 'to-do' list which once met they could tick off and comment on
  • Improvements in the sharing functionality so it ties in with the groups system
  • Allowing a way of adding items via a mobile device - open to ideas 

Thanks again.

Kind Regards

Mark

PS. I've created a view with images of how the plugin looks on our install: http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=52449 let me know if the code is of interest to anyone.

Account deleted

18 December 2011, 15:56

Mark, the work was funded by a client of Pukunui Technology.  Along with the upgrade to 1.4, I was also able to fix a few lingering bugs.

The only potential downside I can see for you is that I have changed the format of the conditions.xml file.  This was the only way I could see to fix the inaccurate counts in the filter browser.  This has invalidated some problem/condition hierarchies that were previously valid, but I don't believe it reduces the functionality in an important way.  You can have a look at the new sample_conditions.xml on the code branch to see the new format, but in a nutshell: the core/non-core distinction only applies to an item under an immediate parent, and can no longer vary based on the category used to browse to the item.

For example, you used to be able to have something like this:

A       -> abdominalmass -> hernia (core)
Surgery -> abdominalmass -> hernia (non-core)

but you can't do that any more.  Now, hernia must always be core or non-core every time it appears immediately under abdominalmass.  You can, of course, still vary core/non-core based on the parent, and have stuff like

A -> abdominalmass -> kidney (non-core)

and

A -> somethingelse -> hernia (non-core)

I hope it won't be too much trouble to convert your conditions.xml to the new format.

Account deleted

21 December 2011, 3:39

Richard, Thanks for the info! I think we can work with the new scheme.

Regards

Mark

A post by Account deleted was deleted

8 results